Thursday, April 2, 2009

Statements of Gov Quinn at O'Hare Following the Indictment of Rod Blagojevich

NOTES TAKEN FROM GOV QUINN'S NEWS CONFERENCE IN CHICAGO

... My Apologies for any typo's or mis-quotes of Gov Quinn

The defendants all of them are entitled to their day in court as is the American way. The evidence will decide this case the people of our country voice leaving it to juries to go through with kind and sensitive judgment deciding the guilt or innocence of any defendant.

I take seriously the responsibility of overhauling government to be improving the government is an ongoing task and it's what the people want me to do. It's my responsisbilites to carry out reforms and that's what I'm doing every day.

I understand what the mission is ...I'm prepared to do whatever necessary to clean up our government and I think the people have confidence in my ability to lead the charge.

No comments: